Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentines!

A very sweet blog reader sent me the BEST package in the mail last week. Nancy first emailed me with some suggestions for our fall road trip, and asked if I would like some of the cards she collected when she was a kid. Of course! I was so delighted to open up the envelope and see all these amazing Valentine's! I had a few vintage Valentine's and have been on the lookout for me. I love every single one of these! So many I would have snapped right up if I'd seen them at an antique mall.
My favorite is the deer, or maybe that little space dude.
Oh wait, no, it's the hot dogs! How cute is that hot dog couple??
She also included this little knit outfit with a note saying her husband got it on a bottle of hot sauce over 30 years ago and maybe it would fit my squirrel. Mr. Squirrel is pretty giant, but it first my little ermine PERFECTLY! I have been cracking up every time I look at it.
Haha! I love how tall the hat is. I think this weasel needs a few more outfits. Thank you again Nancy, you are so thoughtful!
I know those Valentines up there made you wonder what we got up to on that love holiday. I had to work actually, but I took some time to finally make a custom banner with the kit I got for Christmas. I think I'll leave it up for a while.
I made Travis some vegan Shirley Temple cupcakes and left him this little display to find. He bought me a GIANT gift pack from Lush that totally blew me away! I can't wait to use all 18 bath bombs! Ah!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Rae! I'm fairly new reader and just wanted to let you know that I love your blog! So many cute, fun things. And I'm a fellow Nashvillian, but living abroad this year, so you also make me feel homesick in a good way.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Rae, you made my day! I'm so glad you are enjoying them. Still waiting to hear about which Christmas glasses to send.
    Nancy in cold, cold Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cards! Not too long ago we were in an antique store and they were asking $5 EACH for those. IF they had pugs on them I might have bought some!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...